Giropay is an online payment method popular in Germany, based on online banking. The user will log in using his bank account credentials to perform the payment.
How does it work for the user?
- The user selects Giropay and an agreeing bank from the list of available banks
- The user is redirected to his bank page where he displays the transaction data
- depending on the bank, the customer might have to choose a device (e.g. mobile) to confirm the transaction
- The customer enters his bank account number and PIN
- depending on the bank, the customer might insert a 6-digit code (TAN) received on his mobile
- The bank authorizes the transaction and the merchant receives a confirmation in real-time.
How do I enable and use Giropay on Gestpay?
Contact Gestpay customer support to setup Giropay and Gestpay. This process requires 4/5 business days.
If you want to use the
paymentType tag for this method, the value to use is
S2PGIR. See the section How to redirect the customer to a payment method to learn how to use the
An example call is available in the API: Giropay Example call.
Giropay and Test Environment
You can use this test data to try Giropay in your shop:
|Bank Account / Login||
|PIN||Any 5-digit number.
|TAN||Any 6-digit number.